Spending time in the dark
I've been at Digital Domain a little over 2 months now. It's been a great experience so far.
It seems to be an amalgam of the favorable bits of other places I've worked. It's a few blocks from the beach in an area with lots of character. They've been around a while and have worked on a wide range of films and commercials. You can read up on them here and have a look at their filmography.
As far as what I'm doing here, the most I can really say is that it's different work than I've done in the past. That being said, the film industry tends to be very secretive when it comes to the projects currently being worked on. Blue Harvest....anyone? So for obvious reasons I'm not about to go into specifics on anything. I like working here and want to keep it that way. There was an LA Times article somewhat recently that talks about the sorts of things that DD is exploring. You can hunt that down if you're curious.
What I can show you is what my work area looks like. The camera I'm using doesn't handle darkness too well, but you can still get a sense of things with this image. This is where I spend most of my hours during the work week. If you need me, this is where I'll be.
Oh, and for the record I did have coffee ice cream and pancakes for breakfast the other day. Don't tell my mom, though.
