In touch with nature and out of breath
I've been at my new job for a couple of months now. (I'll post more about it later.) One of the great things about it is that it's located in Venice Beach. This allows me to go on some refreshing runs during my lunch hour a few times a week. I started running a few years ago when my brother-in-law, Joe, stayed with L and I for a summer. He got me into the habit of running and I sort of got hooked. I've been trying to run around 3 times a week over the past few years. Nothing crazy. Just 3 to 5 miles. I usually go out for about 25 to 45 minutes.
The longest run I've done so far is one I did last week. I ran home from work which was a 7.5 mile trek. It took me just over an hour. I enjoyed it. It got me thinking that I'll eventually do a marathon at some point.
Anyway, so the other day I brought the camera with me on my run. I snapped some random pictures of the sorts of stuff that I encounter when I venture out. Amongst the tourists, the homeless, the vendors and the bohemians there's also the Pacific Ocean and sand just about as far as you can see. Good stuff.
