Monday, July 2, 2007

Nick Visit - Day 3

Saturday was a busy day. We had a list of places to hit while we were out and about for the day. First stop was the Melrose area. I took Nick to a music store that specializes in punk music. I've never been up on things when it comes to music. Nick seemed to know his way around the store pretty well. He pointed out some different bands and explained a few things. I'm still clueless.

Then we stopped by Golden Apple to pick up some comics. I'm a little more at home in a comic shop. I collected as a kid and started collecting again for the past year. Working on Spider-man 3 got me back into it. Now I've got about 8 books or so that I keep an eye on each month. See the list on the right for some of those titles if you're curious.


Next stop was downtown LA. More specifically, Little Tokyo to grab some lunch. We took him to Suehiro for lunch. It's a Japanese diner of sorts. They have a little bit of everything on the menu. The prices are cheap and the food is good. Nick had curry, L had soba noodles and I had oyako don. After eating, we walked around and checked out some of the shops. We browsed stuff at a couple of anime stores. L and I showed him around the Japanese grocery store, Mitsuwa, and then we stopped by the Japan Arcade. It's got a handful of import Japanese video games. We didn't play anything. Arcades are a dying breed. It's just nice and nostalgic to walk thru one every now and then.


Next stop....Chinatown.

Boba. I felt the need to feed my addiction. We got some coffee milk tea with boba from Ten Ren. It doesn't show in the pic, but Nick says he liked it. We walked around Chinatown for a little while and scoped out some of the shops. We'll probably be back over that way at some other point during his visit.



That evening, we stayed in and just hung out. When L went to bed around 11pm or so, I put on a pot of coffee. Nick and I had some gaming to do. We stayed up until about 3:30am hanging out in the home theater and playing games. Good stuff. Times like that really make the home theater effort pay off.