Jumping thru hoops - part 5

Time to update once again. As you can see from the picture, I'm 75% of the way there! I hit a little bit of a slow down, because some friends that signed up didn't get credit right away. I had to contact the freeistuff people and file a request for missing credit. They told me what they needed me to send to start the verification process. Once I got it to them, they said it could take 10 business days. On the 11th day I logged in to check my progress and this is what I saw.
It's been just a little over 2 months since I signed up. Once the original enthusiasm wore off I just sort of treated this project like a house plant. Check in on it about once a week and water if necessary. Didn't really give it much thought beyond that. My theory is that they are using the "rebate approach" and hoping that people just give up after a while. I'm sure a lot do, but I'm not one of them. I like the simple challenge of being organized enough to stay on top of stuff like this. It's not quite "beating the system", but it's rewarding nonetheless.
The only dilemma now is that the new model of the iPhone is coming out in a couple of months. I honestly don't know exactly when, because I haven't stayed up with the whole phenomenon. Sure, it'll probably be better and faster, but honestly I don't really care if I get a 1st or 2nd generation iPhone out of the deal. "Free" or at least "as far below $400 as possible" has been the plan from the beginning. The greater purpose of this experiment is to satisfy my curiosity more than it is to acquire the tech prize. At least that's how it has evolved.
Stay tuned for the final leg of this mini-adventure.
