From A to B
I've had my eye on the world of Parkour for a while now. It's a discipline based on moving freely thru your environment. It was started by a French guy named David Belle. Over the past year or so, I've read up on it, saw commercials and films based on it and have seen video footage on the internet. I even based one of my Spider-man 3 shots on some Parkour moves...a tic-tac and wall run to be specific.
I've always had a desire to be acrobatic to an extent. I used to run full speed then dive in the air and roll into a somersault when I was growing up. I learned to walk on my hands, do a front hand spring and can even lie on my back and kick myself up to my feet. It's not overly graceful, but it's fun. So as Parkour has grown in exposure, L discovered a newspaper article about it that mentioned a local gymnasium that offers classes.
I finally got around to looking into the class and signing up. I've gone for the past couple of weeks. I'm going to go a couple of more times and then hit the streets with it. The guy that teaches the class, Cliff Kravit, was featured in the original newspaper article that L showed me. He was also featured in this news report on the local news channel.
It does a descent job of explaining Parkour and what people do with it. The guy with the long hair is my teacher. The stuff in the gym shows what the classes are like. And if you have any further curiousity just type "parkour" into Google.

