Monday, December 10, 2007

3:10 to Yuma


This is the latest film that L and I caught this past weekend. It was part of a special Christian Bale movie-thon at a local art house. They were showing 5 of his films and he was there to talk after one of the films. 3:10 to Yuma was the first film and only one that we watched. It was great. I haven't seen the original, but had heard good things about it. This remake was solid on all levels. It's just enjoyable to see to class A actors in a character driven drama. When you see actors of this sort of caliber, you're actually able to forget the actor and just enjoy the character on the screen. So without going into it too much, this one is worth checking out. Good character driven story and some good 'ole western gun action.

After the film, we stayed to see Christian Bale and hear him talk. He was much more down to earth than I expected. He didn't pontificate about the "acting coming from the depth of man's soul" or that "true acting cannot be defined by words" or some shit like that. Instead he made comments like he thought American Psycho was hilarious and that Beverly Hills Ninja is best enjoyed while stoned. He was really well spoken when he responded to the questions asked of him, I just liked the fact that he didn't take himself to seriously.