Good weekend
Just a quick post to comment on this past weekend. It was simple, but it was a good one. L and I had breakfast at the Bread Bar. It's moving up on our favorites list.
It's not too crowded, at least not yet. The French Toast is hands down they best I've had. L agrees as well. The coffee is tasty as are the limited egg dishes the serve. They're a French bakery first and foremost.
Another thing we did that was a lot of fun was going to the Aero Theater. They were having a small "Post Apocalyptic Film Festival" for a couple of nights. We went to see "The Last Man on Earth" on Saturday night. Ten bucks got you in for all 3 movies that night. The other two films were "Omega Man" and "12 Monkeys". We only stayed for the first film. It also got you free popcorn and soda, as well as a free t-shirt. Now that's the way to host a film event. We had a really good time. The film was from 1964 and starred Vincent Price. It was an adaptation of the book I Am Legend. It was better in a lot of ways than the Will Smith version from last year. It's things like this that make L.A. a great place to live.
And lastly, I got a chance to do some more landscaping work in the front yard. I finished the curbside that I started a few weeks ago. There are some minor tweaks that I'd like to make to it, but overall I'm satisfied with the way it turned out. It proved to be a good starting point for the entire front yard landscaping project ahead of us.
And that was about it. I also had some vanilla ice cream with fresh blue berries and almond slivers last night.
